“There’s no substitute for hard work. If you work hard and prepare yourself, you might get beat, but you’ll never lose.”
Nancy Gomes, MBA, MS, CISSN
A competitive triathlete, cyclist, and runner, Nancy understands the critical role nutrition plays in training, performance, and recovery.
A Certified Sports Nutritionist (CISSN) with a Master of Science (MSc) in Nutrition for Human Performance from Lasell University, Nancy is a graduate of Dr. Stacy Sim’s continuing education programs including “Women are Not Small Men” and “Menopause for Athletes” and is an Adjunct Lecturer in the Nutrition for Human Performance Program at Lasell University. She is also certified in Mental Health First Aid by the National Council of Behavioral Health.
With an MBA from Simmons Graduate School of Management, Nancy had a successful career as an executive in financial services before switching careers to focus on her love of science and to pursue her passion for triathlon and sports nutrition.
Nancy is married and lives in Massachusetts with her husband and two rescue pups. She loves to travel (especially if there is a race involved) and enjoys cooking using locally sourced farm-fresh foods, hiking with her family, and the occasional gravel ride/race with friends.
Certifications, Affiliations and Memberships
- International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN)
- Professionals in Nutrition for Exercise and Sports (PINES)
- Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitians Association (CPSDA)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- Massachusetts Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (MAND)
- Sports and Human Performance Nutrition (SHPN) Dietetics Practice Group
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Cronometer Pro
- InsideTracker Pro
- OmegaQuant Lab
- Gatorade Performance Partner
- Feisty Menopause
- Stacy Sims Premium Member
Nutrify Performance Nutrition for Women science-based approach is centered on staying up-to-date on current and emerging research through ongoing education.
- CPSDA & GSSI Webinar: Follow Your Gut: Addressing Factors that Hinder and Support Athlete Health and Performance, November, 2022
- CPSDA Webinar: Translating Current Research into Applied Sports Nutrition Recommendations for Female Athletes: What We Know and What We Don’t, November, 2022
- CPSDA Webinar with Louise Burke: Ketogenic/Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) Diets and Endurance Performance: Help or Hindrance?, May 2022
- ODS Dietary Supplement Research Practicum, May 2022
- Sports and Human Performance Nutrition: Master Class Series on Biomarkers, April 2022
- ISSN Live Online Conference: The Position Stands, February 2022