As female athletes, it’s likely you’ve heard about the importance of proper protein intake but striving to meet these requirements can be challenging! Need a few ideas on how to increase your protein intake? Check out these tips below:
- Rise & Shine: Start your day with protein! Think oatmeal with protein powder and hemp hearts, make some eggs, build a protein-packed smoothie, or have a cup of Greek yogurt. Working out shortly after you wake up? Opt for a couple of protein-powered energy bites with your morning beverage.
- Snack Smart: Choose snacks containing protein like cheese, almonds or a protein bar.
- Create Lunchtime Power Plate: Use leftovers of lean meats, tofu, hardboiled eggs and/or legumes paired with roasted veggies to create a convenient, power-packed lunch plate
- Nail Your Post-Workout Refuel: Timing matters! Opt for a protein-packed smoothie paired with some carbs to support optimal recovery.
- Finish Strong: Finish your day & support overnight muscle repair with a protein-rich meal e.g. fish, chicken, or plant-based proteins like quinoa. Don’t have time to cook? Make extra when you can so you can use leftovers to build a high protein plate or opt to make a quick protein-based smoothie.
- Prioritize Protein: Protein is very satiating so eating protein first will help ensure you meet your protein intake needs.
- Stay Hydrated: Adequate hydration is critical to support protein breakdown and absorption so be sure to grab some water with your meals and snacks!
- Meal Plan for the Win: Prep your proteins (and veggies, and carbs) in advance and in batches so you always have some on hand when your schedule gets tight!
Need help building out your nutrition strategy for 2024? We have a few spots available in January and the FOUNDATIONS & FOUNDATIONS+ packages include a personalized 3-day meal plan to help you increase your protein intake that fits your schedule, and is based on foods you like! Schedule a complimentary intro call to learn more today.